Friday, February 12, 2016

JAI #298 Just add V


Hello there,
well a certain romantic date is creeping up on us at the moment and at Just Add Ink we wanted to give you the option to make a little something special for that special some one or not! How's that? Well this week Tina suggests you Just Add V. "V"? Well that means theme your project around things beginning with V. If you want to go the romantic road - then - Valentine's, but you can equally theme it around the colour Vanilla, other things I can think of include Vampire (if you want to get an early start on Halloween), Vacation, Video, Volcano, Vine and Vegetable.

Not only is it Valentines Day but our wedding anniversary is coming up soonish - so I made something that will do double duty!


A couple of shots to show how the heart can spin around the world!



A CAS inside.

I kept this CAS - always better for masculine cards. I let the DSP do all the work for me and added in a fun interactive element. My first go at a round spinner. It does work - perhaps not perfectly - but I think it will be enough to bring a smile to my DH's face.

So what can you think of that follows our "V" theme. We'd love to see! Don't forget to go and check out the rest of the JAI DT for some fun inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Going Global
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark
Accessories: Going Places DSP, Circles Collection framelits, Hearts collection framelits (R), Red glimmer paper, Gold embossing powder, Linen thread, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

6 comments:

  1. This is a really great card! Love the colours and the sentiment. The moveable heart is absolutely amazing. Like you, my wedding anniversary is only a couple of days ahead of Valentines, so I especially like that you've done a dual duty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome spinner card! I reckon your hubby will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a clever idea! Your choice of products makes a great masculine card, yet would work for many occasions and genders too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cool! Perfectly masculine, and it has the interactive feature your DH always loves. Awesome card, my friend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and fabulous card Kim! I love your mix of DSP and world stamp and your the spinning heart is so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a totally cool card Kim. Perfect for your hubby. Love the spinner card. I have done one at a SU class and gave it to my nephew for his birthday. It was a spinning dolphin and her loved it esp since he had just been to Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast. Thanks for the lovely comment on my Vegemite card. Great challenge and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!