Friday, September 4, 2015

JAI #278 Just add inspiration

Hello there,
the colourful challenge we have for you at Just Add Ink this week feels so appropriate as the winter grey/brown hues have been lifted by the blooming of cherry trees here this week. It's so heartening to feel just a touch of warmth in the air! And what is our challenge this week? It's Just Add Inspiration from Nikki. Just check out that colour!



I had to do something equally as colourful! 



As a contrast to all that colour I wanted to make my one defined flower - colourless. And had a lot of fun trying out a new (to me) masking technique. But I did want to fill the card with colour so out came a stencil and my reinkers and I got to work splashing on colour. What I did find when I removed the stencil was that the colour was very much restricted to the pattern. But that was easy to remedy  - I just swished my paint brush over and blended the colours together with a little water.

The bright colours of the flowers just make me happy! Hope you can join in with us this week. Do check out the rest of the DT and their wonderful creations.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: You've Got This, Alphabet Rotary
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Watercolor paper, Happy Patterns decorative mask, Fineline Masking Fluid Pen (Simon Says Stamp), Black Baker's twine, Clear sequins (Simon Says Stamp), Fine Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

6 comments:

  1. Nice!...Love your colourful watercolour background Kim, great technique and beautifully done too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim - absolutely stunning background! I love how bold the colours are and the contrast of your outlined flower and greeting. Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim! I love how you have put all of the colours on the background and left the flower uncoloured - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous background! Thanks for sharing how you created it. I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, my friend. Such a stunning background. I really love the inside of your cards almost as much as the outside. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was just looking at this flower on Jan's card, its so gorgeous and what a brilliant idea to keep it uncoloured!!! Really makes it stand out this way, especially with that incredible background. Might have to try this idea out myself.......thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!