Friday, February 27, 2015

JAI 252 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
it's still very summery here but to be honest I'm hanging out for some cooler weather. I love to feel the tinge of autumn in the air or the freshness of spring! Funnily enough though my card this week has a very summery feel. As the starting point I used this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week the challenge is to Just Add a Sketch and it's from me :). Here's the sketch.


And here is my summery card.


One to show your the fabbo embossed chevrons.


I almost like my flower arrangement on the inside better than the one on the front!


This was bascially a let's play with flowers card and I had a lovely time doing it! It did have a serious purpose though as it was intended for a lovely friend for her birthday. The flowers were going to be the star so I kept the rest fairly simple just adding in some shine with embossed chevrons and a scattering of rhinestones.

Hope you can join us this week and show us what you did with the sketch! Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for some stunning projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Positively Chevron, Flower Patch (SU), Keep it Simple: Birthday (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Crisp Cantalopue, Versamark, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Flower Fair framelits (SU), Tipped Tops die (PTI), Jewels - rhinestones, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

7 comments:

  1. Kim such a bright and cheery card and I really love the glossiness of the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Kim! I love your choice of stamp here and your flowers are the perfect colour! I love how you've carried over the colour to your chevron background too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an amazing collection of bright and fun flowers - I do love the inside of your card too. Loving those shiny embossed chevrons. Can't say I agree with you on the Autumn thing, give me Spring any day lol. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kim! Love the flower arrangements on the inside just as much as on the outside! They both look awesome! The chevrons look fantastic embossed! Great colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whole card Kim, the attention to detail and flower placement are perfect and the embossed chevrons are stunning up close, it's totally fabulous and it's mine..Lol
    Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your so good at decorating the inside of your cards, I never think about that part! Those flowers are stunning and you've cut them out perfectly. And I'm loving the embossed chevrons, bet they look fab in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fabulous bold colours that look amazing together Kim! I love the arrangement of flowers inside as well as the wonderful outside and your super shiny chevrons look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!