Friday, September 26, 2014

Just Add Ink 233 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
I'm breathing a sigh of relief and delight as another school term has just wrapped up. I'm looking forward to two weeks of no lunchboxes, some time with my munchkins and some time stamping! To begin "holiday" time we have a great challenge for you this week at Just Add Ink. This week we want you to Just Add a Sketch brought to us by Tina
The first thing I thought of when I saw the sketch was the big Amazing Birthday panel. It's perhaps a somewhat lateral approach to the sketch but by using colour blocking I was trying to represent the three elements Tina had on the banner.




As you can probably guess it's a masculine card - you'll be seeing a few more too in coming weeks - as September/October is the hot spot in my year for these. This one is for my DH. I just knew he would find the phrase "make your day ridiculously amazing" well a little ridiculous. So I found the perfect "your birthday" to layer right over the ridiculous - I think it worked out great! The final touch was adding a scatter of buttons, somehow that just looked right - and it adds just the right amount of metallic bling for a guy card ;)

Hope you can join us. Do check out the rest of the DT for lots of fabulous inspiration.
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Amazing Birthday, Dictionary, Phrase Play #4 (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Real Red, Early Expresso
Accessories: Large polka dot embossing folder, Banners framelits, Hexagon punch, Boxy Banners dies (PTI), Basic Metal buttons, Piercing mat and tool, Pinking shears, Cherry Cobler baker's twine, Doubled sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you've interpreted my sketch - it's such a fantastic male card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim such a fun way to interpret the sketch with the stamp broken down by colours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!