Friday, June 27, 2014

JAI 220 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
well I have a another very spring like card today probably to counter the mid winter dark and cold we are having right now. Was so darn cold this week - brrrr.

This week we have a sketch for you at Just Add Ink. I think you will find that it lends itself to being CAS or more elaborate if you like. I think this week I kind of ending up some where in the middle - lol! Here's the sketch.



And here is what I made of it.




The embossed vellum overlay is only attached at the top, and to make sure it wasn't going any where I sewed it in place with my sewing machine. The only other point to note is that I coloured the flowers using markers and also using ink from ink pad lids using an aquapainter. The combination of both lets you get a more intense colour.

Hope you can join us this and try out the sketch - we'd love to see your take on it!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: So Very Grateful, Happy Day
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Real Red. Crushed Curry, Versamark
Accessories: Apothecary Accents framelits, Black and White embossing powder, Tea Lace Paper Dollies, Gold Baker's twine, Aquapainter, Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Your use of colour is outstanding on this luscious card, Kim. I love the embossed vellum, the sweet doily, and the brightly coloured floral spray. Gorgeous creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are just divine Kim, the colours are really beautiful and such a great pop of colour against that delicate vellum...Love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you stitched the vellum into place and all that gorgeous colour makes this such a pretty card - roll on Spring I say! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!