Friday, May 30, 2014

JAI 216 Just add watercolour



Hello there,
well I dragged my weary body home from a fabulous time spent with many of the Just Add Ink team at the Stampin' Up South Pacific Convention late last weekend. Spending time with those girls was a once a year special treat, as was catching up with a few other special friends - Di, Sam, Kelly you know who I'm talking about :) Here's a couple of pics to show you these special girls.

The JAI girls at convention - Nikki, Christine, Patrice, Paula, Tina, Delys, Louise, Narelle and I

The after party. Some of the JAI girls with friends (L-R: Kelly, Di, I, Narelle, Paula, Patrice, Bronwyn, Sam)

Now while convention for 2014 is done and dusted I still have my convention swap to show you and rather fortuitously it was just perfect for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge. This week we want you to just add watercolour. So pull out your watercolor ideas/techniques for this one :)

We hope you can join us, especially as the winner of the challenge this week will be offered the opportunity to join the team to be a guest designer on an upcoming Just Add Ink challenge.


I pulled out a lot of SU! clear mount stamps for this and laid them all out on my largest block. Once I had found an arrangement I was happy with, I then clear embossed on Natural White cardstock. Then I got out my reinkers and applied the three blue shades in turn using a paint brush. Once that had dried, I white embossed a few stars over the top, splashed some drips over the top and once those had dried added the sequins. The sentiment focal was also white embossed over watercoloured cardstock. Then layered with a vellum butterfly, gold and linen thread, a gold mat and little banner.

Playing around with watercolour techniques is a lot of fun so please do join us. Don't forget to check out the rest of the JAI DT for fabulous challenge inspiration!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamp sets: Evergreen, Happy Day, Hello Lovely, Hip Notes, Peachy Keen, Perfect Pennants, Yippee Skippee!
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Naturals White, Crumb Cake,  Cardstock Vellum
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Indigo Island, Pool Party, Versamark
Accessories:  Elegant Butterfly and 2 1/2" Circle punch, Banner and Window Frames Collection framelits, Clear and White embossing powder, Sewing machine , Gold thread, Gold sequin trim, Linen thread, Gold baker’s twine, Natural  5/8” Chevron ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow

5 comments:

  1. This is such a stunner Kim and l love that it was a swap...means l have one of my very own to treasure..:0)
    That gorgeous watercoloured background compliments the lovely gold elements beautifully!
    Loved spending a few days with you too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to create a background. The colours and design are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Kim! I love the way the background colours gradually darken amongst the words and the pops of gold are stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Kim - great that the swap and this Challenge worked in together (timewise). I love all the texture on your card and the different paper types. Hope your not too weary! Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card and was very excited to receive it as a swap! Lovely to meet you at Convention! I hadn't realised you were a Canberra girl. Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!