Friday, October 11, 2013

JAI 186 Just add inspiration

Hello there,
well school holidays are nearly done and soon I'll be making lunch boxes again. But in some ways it will be nice to go back to the usual routine. You can bet by Christmas though I'll be looking forward to a break again - lol! Now the challenge we have for you this week at Just Add Ink could make you think of Christmas or may'be not - your choice, as this week it's an inspiration challenge. Here it is.
And as it turns out I didn't go down the Christmas path.


This was my first outing with the Flower Shop set and what I wanted to do was capture the colours and the wreathy feel of the inspiration picture but with a birthday spin. The texty Smokey Slate (one of my most used new colours!) was an addition added during construction and I really liked how it set off the colours. This one turned out may'be not quite how I'd planned but nevertheless I rather like it! The rest of the DT have some fabulous ideas for you so do go check them out!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Dictionary, Flower Shop, Yippee-Skippee!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Smokey Slate, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Calypso Coral, Perfect Plum, White Vellum
Ink: Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Calypso Coral, Versamark
Accessories: Punches (Boho Blossom punch, 2 1/2" circle, 2 3/8" scallop circle, Pansy), White embossing powder, Tea Lace paper dollies, Crushed Curry and Pear Pizzazz 3/4" Chevron ribbon, Jewels - rhinestones, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

2 comments:

  1. This is a very "happy" card, Kim! I nearly used Flower Shop to make a bright, flowery card for this challenge - I'm glad I didn't, because you've hit this out of the park! I agree that the Smoky Slate background really brings out the colours of the flowers - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely soooooo STUNNING CARD,,,,love these flowers,,,,,,Kim,,,,love it, love it,.Thanks for comment at Kylie`s blog about my little butterfly pict, feel free to choose your favo product from my stuff for free, e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!