Friday, July 5, 2013

JAI 172 Just add Inspiration

Hello there, 
well with the beginning of the new Stampin Up! year here in the South Pacific we (Just Add Ink) thought it would make a great challenge to kick it off using the new catalogue front cover as an inspiration challenge. 

So this week we want you to Just Add Inspiration - it might be the colours, the banners, the flowers, the frame or even the shoes. You can take it where you want - that's the fun of an inspiration challenge!

And this was the outcome.

I couldn't resist the frame - and I just love this ornate one I pulled out to use to frame the birthday cake - well cupcake - which I glittered up - of course ;) The inspiration pic also inspired the bunting. I love the stripy banner I used, but to change it up a little I used a different framelit to cut it and it worked perfectly! Blushing Bride was the perfect pink to use for this and I must admit it is fast becoming a firm favourite of mine! 

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for fabulous inspiration ideas and welcome Louise and Susan for their first DT pieces too.

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Papaya Collage, En Francais, Hearts a Flutter
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Rose Red
Ink: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Versamark
Accessories: Cupcake builder punch, Hearts a Flutter framelits, Bitty Banner framelits, Boho Blossom punch, Itty Bitty shapes punch, Blushing Bride DSP (R), White embossing powder, Multipurpose adhesive sheet, Dazzling Diamonds, Jewels - rhinestones, Brights button, White Baker's twine, 1/8" circle punch, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this gorgeous card Kim - beautiful colours, and I'm so going to try using the different framelit for that banner - too clever. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Kim! Love your glittered up cupcake and your banners and frame are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too clever! That banner/framelit idea is so going to get a workout..:0) I just love all the layers and layout Kim. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this card. Maybe because I'm so lucky to have one just like it on my mantle! Every element of this card is stunning Kim. Especially love the pink glittery cupcake! Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!