Friday, March 22, 2013

JAI 158 Just add a sketch

Hello there,
hope you had fun going green last week :) This week at Just Add Ink we have a great sketch challenge for you. Our early Autumn flush of roses hasn't really showed up yet, probably because we had such a long dry spell, but despite that I still had roses on my mind. Luckily roses were also going to be perfect for making my MIL a birthday card. Here's the sketch.
Here's the rosey result ;)

Apricot appeal was my colour starting point, I still have small amount in my stash and I tend to pull it out for my MIL - she really has a thing for this shade. I guessed that Regal Rose and Rose Red would work with Apricot Appeal to make beautiful roses and I must admit I loved how they turned out! (So did my MIL). The sketch of course was my guide for the layout and I added lots of girly details and texture. Stamping the roses took a while but it was a fun card to make and one worth enjoying once it was done :) 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT. There are lots of fabulous ideas for the sketch. Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Apothecary Art, This Sweet Life (Paper Trey Ink)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
Ink: Apricot Appeal (R), Regal Rose, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Accessories: (This Sweet Life dies, Wrought Iron impression plate, Filigree border die, Large scalloped border die) PaperTrey Ink, Apricot Appeal pattern DSP (R), Sponge, Paper doilies, Jewels - pearls, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

4 comments:

  1. Kim these colours go lovely together and I particularly like that edge punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an unusual, but beautiful, colour combination, Kim. Such a lovely card for your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooove this Kim! The colours are stunning and so many beautiful details, l didn;t know where to look first. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful colour combo. Stunning card, your roses are divine. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!