Friday, April 20, 2012

JAI 114 Just add Jodene Tripp

Hello there,
well I've been dipping my toes in the Great Southern Ocean today and I do mean dipping. That's as far as I get but the kids are happy to splash around till they are blue!! But before I headed south I did get this weeks Just Add Ink challenge done - and it is....Just add Jodene Tripp one of my wonderful design team mates. So go and have a browse of Jodene's blog - she will not fail to inspire you! Find something you like and CASE it adding your spin to it. Here is Jodene's card which I picked to CASE.


I loved the clean lines and classic design of this card and how the image and sentiment were recessed with the ribbon laid over the top. So now my spin on it. 

I figured it was time to add another girly birthday card to my stash so I went bright. I pulled out some Daffodil Delight for the base. My cupcake was a bit fiddly to be honest. The actual stamp has a little arm hugging it, so I did a little bit of selective inking and then reconstruction with a fine black marker. Then I coloured it in with copic markers, finishing the top off with glitter and crystal effects on the cherry. Because of all that fiddling I didn't stamp the image directly onto the white mat, but instead trimmed it out.  The sentiment was stamped direct to the white mat. Next using a die I cut the window out of the upper pink mat. Then I ran it through my Big Shot with an impression plate (the same one Jodene used). That pink mat was mounted up on dimensionals above the white mat and satin Daffodil ribbon was knotted over the pink mat. The inside was finished off with another cupcake :) Is one ever really enough ;)          

This one got my Miss 7's approval despite having just said the day before that she didn't like yellow anymore! I figure even big girls might like this too ;)

Do go and check out Jodene's wonderful creations and have yourself some fun this week!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Hello Cupcake (My Favorite Things), Enjoy the Ride (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Mat Stack 5 die (PaperTrey Inc), Cupcake builder punch, Daffodil Delight satin ribbon (R), Canvas and Linen Impression plate (PTI), Copics, Jewels- rhinestone, Dazzling diamonds, Crystal effects, 2 way glue pen, Dimensionals, Double sided tape

7 comments:

  1. Kim this CASE of Jodene is lovely, I must try this idea of recessing the image in a window. I like the ribbon running over the top too. I hope you didn't get your toes too cold in the Great Southern Ocean! Have a lovely weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've done the recessed image too Kim. Great colouring and I love the sparkle on the cake too. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your card Kim, especially those gorgeous fun birthday colours! I also love how you have decorated the inside with that cute little cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the happy colours and sparkle Kim, very much a fun girly card and a great take on Jodene's card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kim! You have such an amazing talent when choosing bright colours to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card and a beautiful CASE of Jodene's card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is lovely. Gorgeous cupcake and those colours and sprinkles make it look good enough to eat. Love the recessed window idea and must try it out really soon myself.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!