Friday, November 26, 2010

JAI 45 -just add a sketch


Hi all :)

ooh ooh we have a great sketch for you at Just Add Ink this week. So good in fact that I made two cards for it, even though its my week off from the DT;) You can check out my following post for the second card I made. Having waved my arms around telling you how fab this sketch is, I had better show you the sketch - ehh! Here it is.


Well at this time of year you can probably guess what is coming your way - yep its a Christmas card - and oh my did I have fun playing with some new stuff!!

I'm quite fond of a blue/red colour combo for Christmas cards so that is what I started with - Riding Hood Red and Bashful Blue. So I cut a RHR A frame base and round the top left and bottom right corners. Next I cut a Bashful Blue mat, and then embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper folder. Next step was sponging around the edges with Bashful Blue ink, then with Champagne Mist shimmer paint. Before I attached the blue embossed layer I SNAILed some gorgeous striped RHR grosgrain ribbon across. The focal point for the card is a stamped RHR bauble from Delightful Decorations, punched out with the matching punch (love this). To decorate the bauble I tied a silver cord bow around the top and added a star brad (non SU). The bauble was mounted on dimensionals over a mat of embossed Bashful Blue, sprayed with Champagne Mist shimmer spray, which was matted onto a RHR base with a scallop trim border. I had a lot of fun playing with my shimmer paint and bauble punch making this one - there is a gorgeous shimmer IRL just sparkling off the card - but its darn hard to photograph :(

Thanks for dropping by, and if you have time check out card two in the next post and I hope you have time to have a play with the sketch and link up your fabulous creation to the Just Add Ink challenge :)

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Bashful Blue
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Bauble punch, Scallop Trim border punch, Corner rounder punch, Champagne Mist shimmer paint, 1 1/4" striped grosgrain Riding Hood Red ribbon, Silver cord (R), Dimensionals, Double sided tape

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty, Kim! I never would have thought to pair Bashful Blue with Riding Hood Red, but I think the colours in your card are lovely. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet Christmas card, I love the rounded edges on opposite sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Chrissy card, little touch of bling and I love those rounded corners :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly Christmasy! Love the embossed background and the colours are yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! I love this, mind if I CASE? Classic red and white - love it to bits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! Another! And ... another great colour combo! TFS. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so simple yet so effecive, look great kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!