Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Princess

Hi there,

well I'm getting this one in by the skin of my teeth. There was me yesterday morning thinking I'll just check but I'm pretty sure there is another week to go. Argh!! nope today was the deadline. Luckily enough I already had an idea in my head so in the scheme of things it may not have taken so long as usual to get this card together. Anyway firstly here is the sketch for the DT application for the new Creatalicious Challanges.

And here's my card.

And a close up to show the crystal effects and glitter.

For some reason I had Regal Rose and Basic Grey in my head and I also knew I had some already stamped images from Pretty Princess, which I borrowed a few months back from a good friend - hi Sam. Cutting a 4'6" by 4'6" in (12 by 12 cm) card base in Regal Rose I then layered that with Basic Grey then once more with some Regal Rose DSP (from the hostess pack in the curtrent SU catalogue here in AUS). I used more Regal Rose DSP for the panel just behind the main image. The central image of the Princess, which was stamped onto watercolour paper, was layered onto Regal Rose and then Basic Grey. The image itself I coloured in using only Regal Rose and a mixture of marker and ink from the stamp pad lid using an aquapainter (Except for using Blush Blossom for the skin areas). Once that was dry I glammed up the image a bit with some crystal effects and finally dazzling diamonds. The flower embellishments were made from combining punched flowers (Spring Bouquet punch) and felt flowers from the Flower Fusion Too pack. A mixture of silver brads and clear rhinestone brads were used to finish off the flowers and for the triple element on the side. Final touches include paper piercing around the two DSP layers and of course adding the sentiment. Which I incorporated into the bottom flower embellishments.

You may have noticed I haven't finished off the inside - I will, I just didn't have the time last night or today to get there. Overall I think it will make a nice birthday card for a teenager or may'be just someone young at heart:)

Recipe: All SU unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Pretty Princess (R), Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Basic Gray, Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: Stazon On Black, Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Blush Blossom (for skin tones), Going Gray (to outline image)
Accessories: Regal Rose DSP, Felt Fusion Too, Silver and Clear Rhinestone brads, Scalloped circle punch, 1 1/4 , 1 3/8 and 1/4 (R) inch circle punches, corner rounder punch, Spring Bouquet punch (R), Crystal effects, Two way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Mat pack and piercing tool.

4 comments:

  1. WOW I love it Kim!!

    I have a stamp in mind for that sketch and will give it a go over the weekend, not for the challenge though!! I love what you have done with the sentiment! and may have to borrow that idea! (If that's ok!!)

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous,love you colour combo and cute little image.....fabulous job with the sketch!!! Thanks for entering the Creatalicious DT challenge!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your entry.. love the colour combo, such a cute image..love the flowers too.... Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute Kim!!! I love what you have done with this stamp set :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!