Sunday, July 26, 2009

Teddy Bear Birthday



Hi there,

Well this has been the first time I’ve been able to do a Mojo Monday sketch for ages. But when I saw this week’s I just knew I had to have a go and it would be perfect for a birthday card I needed to make. Here’s the sketch.


I wanted to make a birthday card for a little 2 year old girl and so I decided to pull out an old favourite of mine – Favourite Teddy Bear. A good friend used the set to make a lovely card for my daughter when she turned two (Hi Sam) so with this memory in mind I began.



I stamped the teddy first in Versamark and then Timber Brown stazon. Then I embossed with clear embossing powder. To fit him in the circle decided to pose him sitting down, by carefully trimming his legs off and then repositioning them. I got this idea from a card they had in one of our past Stampin Up catalogues. His front leg is up on a dimensional as is his party hat. A pressie and some balloons, projecting off the central circle, finish him off. For the colour theme for the card I decided to go with Rose Red, Regal Rose and So Saffron. To give the card some texture and also to convey the happy birthday message, I passed my top Saffron layer through the cuttlebug using the Happy Birthday folder. Then I cut it into three equalish sections. These were mounted over a Regal Rose layer that had been stamped with a little flower background. All the teddy accessories – hat, pressie, balloons (and the teddy) were coloured using my aquapainter and ink from the ink pad lids to coordinate with the colour scheme. Once they were mounted on the card I swished them over with 2 way glue and added the glitter. To finish off the card I added some Regal Rose ribbon, as per the sketch, although I did move the bow to the other side - it balanced the balloons better that way.

Hopefully the birthday girl will like it!

PS: It was raining here this afternoon so my photo's are a bit yuck, once the sun returns I will come back and edit in some new pic's.

Recipe: (All SU unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Favourite Teddy Bear, Fresh Fillers
Cardstock: Rose Red, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Versamark, Timber Brown Stazon
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities (classic and scalloped), Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder, Clear embossing powder, Aquapainter, Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!