Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Upsy Brown


Hi there,

I have to admit I found the latest colour challenge from Makeesha, well - challenging!! So challenging in fact that I made two cards (how did that happen?). Here are the colours for the challenge.




This is my first effort and while I'm happy with it - I just had the feeling that it didn't "sing" to me. OK I know that sounds wierd but sometimes when you put things together it just all comes out with every element somehow acentuating and improving each other and somehow this one didn't :( But still its not too bad. See for yourself.





I did get to finally break out my Upsy Daisy stamp set which I had coveted for months when it was in the US catalogue - and I really did like the effect I got by using markers direct to rubber. I did try to get some blending and texture effect by dragging over the ink with a plastic bag an idea I got from Teneale Williams in this post. Oh and I think the crystal effect on the petals did lift it too. Aside from that the card is lots of layers, DSP, distressed edges and some paper piercing for detail. The ribbon knot tied onto the pewter hodgepode was a last minute addition - I had literally stuck all the layers down and then then went hmmmmmmm (to be honest I think I even dreamed about putting something Sage up in that corner last night so my subconscious must have still been speaking to me). So I pried up the top corner and added the hodgepodge and ribbon. What do you think better with or without??


Recipe: (All SU unless noted otherwise)
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Sage Shadow, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Spring Showers DSP, Fall Flowers DSP, Cutter kit, Mat pack and piercing tool, Sage Shadow wide Grosgrain ribbon from District Ribbon Originals, Scallop Edge punch, 1/8 inch circle punch, Pewter Hodgepode, Crystal effects, SNAIL adhesive, double sided tape

1 comment:

  1. Kim, your card is gorgeous! Don't you just love this stamp? I like the ribbon and hodgepodge in the top corner - balances the card really nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!