Saturday, April 4, 2009

Purely Artichoke Thanks


Hi there,

Well I have finally found the time to post the vintage-ish card I’ve mentioned. I used a Mojo Monday sketch as my starting point (I was hoping to get it in that week but circumstances intervened. Anyway just several weeks later, here is the Mojo sketch.



I wanted to try using a cuttlebug folder on the entire base of the card, so after selecting my colours, I folded the card base, stamped the front randomly with the butterfly and then slipped it into the Script cuttlebug folder. Then I trimmed off the excess from the bottom. The other point to note is that I first stamped the bird and bough on some watercolour paper then used the 1 3/8 circle punch to punch out the bird. A second stamped bird and bough was coloured using aquapainter and ink pads and then cut out and mounted on dimensionals to overflow out of the circle element.

So after all that detail here is the card.




Recipe:
Stamps:
Touch of Nature, Warmest Regards
Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug Script folder, Old Olive DSP, sponge, watercolour paper, Scallop circle, 1 3/8 circle, 1/8 circle, Scallop edge punch, Mat pack and piercing tool, Pewter brads, Stamp-ma-jig (I always forget to add this but I always use it – so just take it as a given if I forget to mention it), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Sticky strip, Sakura clear glaze pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!