Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine Mojo Monday 72

Hi there,

well inspiration seized me again, and I found myself refining ideas to go with the new sketch last Tuesday. Given all that mental input I figured I had better put some time into actually DOING the card that evening once both munchkins were in bed. So they went to bed out came my boxes. My aim was a Valentines card for my hubby, so I wanted something that was masculine, elegant and rich but subtle and I had to figure out an alternative to the scallops. Took me an overnight sleep on it to think of the little ribbon tags but I think they work well with the card sketch as alternative. Speaking of the card sketch, here it is (oh and I turned this one on its side too):


There's a couple of firsts for the card - my first spotlight card - I do like the effect and my first time using River Rock - I used the Ginger Blossom DSP as the colour inspiration and I think it works great. Well enough of babble, here's the card...


And a close up of the crystal effects on the little spotlighted hearts (I did CE on the "with love heart" too).


Finally the inside was finished off with a River Rock panel, rolled with the Swirly J. wheel and stamped once with "With Love" .


Recipe:
Stamps:
A Little Bit of Happiness, Yummy, Swirly J. wheel
Card stock: Ruby Red, River Rock, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Ruby Red, River Rock
Accessories: Aquapainter, Dimensionals, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1" , 1/2" and 1/4" circle punches, Pewter brads, mat pack and piercing tool, River rock double stitched ribbon, Ginger Blossom DSP, Crystal Effects, Sponges

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. It's really crisp and fresh. I love the spotlight on the hearts, what a great idea :o) Looking forward to seeing more of your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea with the spotlight, never seen that before.

    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the spotlight. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamp combo and I love the spotlight!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!