Thursday, January 22, 2009

Makeesha's First Sketch Challenge for 2009

Hi there,

well I am going slightly backwards today and will post the card I made for Makeesha Byl's first sketch challenge for 2009. I had floral cirles on my mind so I wanted to incorporate that into the card. Oh and I wanted lots of texture - hence the cuttlebugging, brads and embossing. ( I just love embossing - especially the clear - I find it hard to resist embossing everything! Although the first time I embossed with the gold it was like magic watching the colour come alive).

The colour combo of Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red was another thing I wanted to try out as I had seen some really lovely cards, by Sam Post and Karen Thomas. In the end I was probably 90 plus percent happy with it. It did feel a bit over floral to me - to many elements competing? Anyway here it is - see what you think.






Recipe:
Card stock: Rose Red, Whisper White
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red
Accessories: Bali Breeze DSP, Rose Red DSP, Scallop edge punch, Word window punch, circle punches, Dimensionals, Snail adhesive, Clear embossing powder, Heat Gun, Silver hodgepodge brads, Pumpkin Pie narrow grosgrain ribbon, Swiss dots cuttlebug folder

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!